Wednesday 20 November 2013

Cut Up Wrist

Cut Up Wrist

I'm currently starting to build up my portfolio for University which includes lots of these disgusting images!! For this one I used Liquid Latex which isn't my favourite product to do Special Effects with but its what I had! You need to have a lot of patience to use latex which is something I don't have a lot of thanks to my very impatient father! With latex you need to stipple a thin layer on the area that you want to peel up (the two sides of the cut for me) and wait until it dries and then repeat. You have to repeat this process about 7-8 times to get a good layer of it!

Once I had my latex sides I went in with different eyeshadows and face paints to colour the wound in. I used a red face paint for the inside of the wound and around the edges and then blended blacks, purples and red eyeshadows over and all around the wound to create more dimension and detail and give it that 'infected' and 'gross' look!
Latex usually dries clear but if some of the white is still showing you may need to just blend your foundation or concealer over it to make it blend with your skin.
Once you're happy with the blend of colours you can add the blood and voila you'e done!
So simple and quick (minus the latex build up). 


You can do these wound anywhere on the face, arms etc and are a really good thing to try out for Halloween (which I know, is past!) as you can find latex and fake blood in your local party shop! Fun way to scare some people with you're disgusting fake wound! 

Enjoy the pictures! 





Thanks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment