Tuesday 1 October 2013

Pop Art Make up

Pop Art Make up

For my first ever blog post i thought i would show some make up i have done before!
I am currently studying theatrical make up at college but i have been practising for quite a while! 
For this make up i was inspired by pop art pictures. I watched some YouTube videos and thought i would try it out myself. 
For this look i used my ever so patient younger sister as my model! 
I used foundation, concealer and powder to create a flawless base and then got on to the fun part! 
I started off with the eyes using a matte purple shade all over the lid up to the crease and then applied a thick line of winged black eyeliner
I then used the black liner in the crease and below the water line to create a larger eye which i then filled in with a white eyeliner and eye shadow over the top. 
I then drew some fake lashes to the bottom and some false ones on the upper lash line.
I also used the black eyeliner for the eyebrows outlining them in that 'sad look'. 
The black liner was also used to create the 3D effect to the face using it in the contours of the cheeks, around the hairline and jawline, around the corners of the nose and down the bridge of the nose.
I also outlined the lips with liner and then filled them in with a matte, bright pink lipstick.
I applied the dots with the end of a paint brush and used a basic white face paint
This process was quite time consuming but it is very effective!
I also added a small white shadow to the lips for a more 3D effect.


Products used:
Basic white face paint
Loreal felt tip eyeliner
Matte purple eye shadow shade from BH cosmetics Hollywood Palette
 Rimmel pencil white eyeliner
MAC Candy-YumYum lipstick
False lashes
Maybelline The Falsies mascara










2 comments: