Monday 14 October 2013

Cut Up Arm

Cut Up Arm

The following images in the post are quite graphic and gory so if you don't like that sort of stuff then don't scroll down too much! 
For this look i wanted to do some deep open cuts with lots of blood and this is what i came up with. The first two images are the make up without blood and the last one is with blood.
I started off by prepping the skin with alcohol to get any residue on the skin off so that the wax would stick better.
I then applied quite a thick and wide coat of DermoWax on to area i wanted the cuts to be with a spatula and blended the edges out. Once it was the right thickness and all the edges were blended out i cut out where i wanted my cuts to go. I used a thin spatula to cut the wax where i wanted them and then made them as wide as i wanted. I made the edges of the cuts quite messy because i wanted them to look like the skin was just cut open and it hadn't healed yet.
If you're wax isn't blending out very well into the skin then a good tip is to use a very small amount of moisturiser to blend it into the skin. I then used some foundation and concealer so make the wax look more skin like.
I then started to colour the cuts in with a variation of grease paints. I started with red inside the cuts and deepened it with blacks and darker reds. I then used a sponge and stippled some of the colours around the wound to make it look irritated.
Once i was happy with the way the colours were i started on the blood. In the first two pictures i haven't used that much blood. I used a cue tip and dabbed the fake blood in the inside of the wound and a little bit around it. 
In the last picture i used a lot more blood to make it look like the wound just happened. I poured the blood into the wound and then let it drip down my arm.




Products used:
DermoWax
Moisturiser
Black, red, dark red grease paints
Fake blood
Foundation and concealer of your choice









No comments:

Post a Comment